Sunday, November 29, 2009
The colours I have used are pale plum, pure plum, always artichoke and mellow moss, and of course good old whisper white.
The half pearls from the pretties kit look fabulous with it.
To place your Christmas order phone me today on 09 23 2100.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Apart from the brads and the Pixie Pink Stampin' Write Marker, all the elements, card and stickers come from the Petal Party kit.
The flower was made using the scalloped edged punch on the Designer Series Paper. Contact me for instructions or to book a workshop for a demonstration.
Handy tip: If something is going to be hidden behind another layer of card, for example ribbon, or in this case the line of green, circle die-cut stickers, then just use a small piece covering the ends with the top card layer. This will save you quite a few stickers and a fair amount of ribbon. In the example above there are no green, circle stickers behind the photo!
Contact me today to purchase your Simply Scrappin' Kit or any other product.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Everyone loves taking baby pictures. Cute little ones on their backs or their stomachs, making adorable faces or getting into funny situations.
Getting a good picture of your little one once their more mobile, however, can become a bit more of a challenge.
Often, they're moving from one thing to another so quickly that, by the time you're set up, you've missed the shot.
Here are a few tips for capturing those fast-moving kids:
1. Use a fast shutter speed. Sports photographers know the only way to really capture the action is to take the kind of shot that freezes time. Set your shutter speed for 1/500th of a second or higher and you'll be able to avoid most blurry photos... even if you're moving your camera to track your subject when you snap the picture!
2. Use a flash. Sometimes, in low-light situations, you won't be able to shoot at a very high shutter speed. In those situations, a flash will do a fair job accomplishing the same benefit as the first tip.
3. Shoot wide. Don't worry about getting too close to your fast-moving subject. You run the risk of cutting them off at the edge of your shot. Instead, shoot a wider angle. That way, you have more choices for composition when you edit the photos later. And don't worry about cropping too much when you edit. Most of today's cameras have enough megapixel power that you won't lose resolution no matter how much you zoom in for your edits!
Employ these three tips consistently and you'll find a lot more action photos to choose from when you're putting together your scrapbook pages
Friday, November 20, 2009
Have a great weekend
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
She has made a fabulous job with this one using the Circle Circus Stamp Set in Gold Emboss powder and trimmed with the 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (pg 150).
Thank you for sharing this Shaynon.
To find out more about embossing on a candle contact me on 09 238 2100.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I used the stunning Filigree brads for extra Wow!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The Guide includes the following products: -
- I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit - $43.95 - Pg 137
- Real Red 12x12 Cardstock - $17.25 - Pg 128
- Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon - $17.95 - Pg 151
- Small Flat Cellophane Bags - $8.95 - Pg 130
- Curly Label Punch Bundle - $77.95 - Pg 153
- Kiwi Kiss A4 Cardstock - $12.50 - Pg 126
- Whisper White A4 Cardstock - $16.25 - Pg 127
- Riding Hood Red 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon - $22.95 - Pg 150
- From the Kitchen of Stamp Set - $62.95 - Pg 93
- Thanks x 2 Simply Sent Card Elements and More Kit - $56.95 - Pg 142
- More Thoughts Simply Sent Kit - $98.95- Pg 143
- 2U Simply Sent Card Elements & More Kit - $56.95 - Pg 142
- No One Like You Simply Sent Kit - $98.95 - Pg 143
- Petal Party Simply Scrappin' Kit - $43.95 - Pg 136
- Rock A Bye Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit - $43.95 - Pg 137
- Rock A Bye Boy Simply Scrappin' Kit - $43.95 - Pg 137
- Sweet Nothings Simply Scrappin' Kit - $43.95 - Pg 138
- Hoppy Memories Simply Scrappin' Kit - $43.95 - Pg 138
- Just Jawing Stamp Set - $53.95 - Pg 67
- Bold Brights A4 Assorted Cardstock - $17.25 - Pg 128
- Real Red Stampin' Write Marker - $6.75 - Pg 128
- Brilliant Blue Stampin' Write Marker - $6.75 - Pg 128
- Glorious Green Stampin' Write Marker - $6.75 - Pg 128
- On Board 5"x5" Art Journal - $16.25 - Pg 147
- Spiral Punch - $24.95 - Pg 152
- Dress Up Ribbon Originals - $29.95 - Pg 150
- Valet Ribbon Originals - $29.95- Pg 150
- Pigtails Ribbon Originals - $32.95 - Pg 150
- Cutter Kit - $39.95 - Pg 155
- Button Latte Designer Buttons - $18.50 - Pg 151
- Button Bouquet Designer Buttons - $18.50 - Pg 151
Page numbers above refer to the 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalogue.
Monday, November 2, 2009
2. Score them using the bone folder and a ruler. Then fold them in half.
3. Adhere one half of a punchie to another using a 2-Way Glue Pen or a SNAIL adhesive. Do that on four of the punchies. (I forgot when I did mine so had to pull it apart hence the photo showing six punchies stuck together).
4. Place a piece of taffeta ribbon down the centre and then continue gluing down your punchies.
5.When you have stuck them all down make a loop at the top with the ribbon using a piece of matching thread to tie it. At the bottom thread a bead from the pretties kit onto the taffeta ribbon. I find it easier to tie a piece to thread to the ribbon first and pull that through the bead first. You need a bit of brute force, but it does work!
I hope that you have fun making this.
The Curly Label Punch Bundle is part of this months specials. If you purchase this or a variety of the other items on the Christmas Gift-Giving Guide and total is $105 or more than you will receive the Scalloped Square Punch for free. What a great Christmas Present.