Monday, November 2, 2009

Christmas Tree Decoration

This Christamas tree decoration was described to me over the phone by my wonderful upline Anela Corbett. She had used the scalloped punch for hers, but I would imagine that it would look good created using a whole variety of the punches.
I made mine using the curly label punch.
1. Punch eight shapes out of the Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper.


2. Score them using the bone folder and a ruler. Then fold them in half.

3. Adhere one half of a punchie to another using a 2-Way Glue Pen or a SNAIL adhesive. Do that on four of the punchies. (I forgot when I did mine so had to pull it apart hence the photo showing six punchies stuck together).


4. Place a piece of taffeta ribbon down the centre and then continue gluing down your punchies.

5.When you have stuck them all down make a loop at the top with the ribbon using a piece of matching thread to tie it. At the bottom thread a bead from the pretties kit onto the taffeta ribbon. I find it easier to tie a piece to thread to the ribbon first and pull that through the bead first. You need a bit of brute force, but it does work!

I hope that you have fun making this.

The Curly Label Punch Bundle is part of this months specials. If you purchase this or a variety of the other items on the Christmas Gift-Giving Guide and total is $105 or more than you will receive the Scalloped Square Punch for free. What a great Christmas Present.

No comments:

Post a Comment